The building standing at the southeast corner of Lake and Mariposa has a story to tell about finance in Altadena. Home to two banks and an internationally-known engineering firm, the building was constructed in 1926 for Pacific Southwest Trust and Savings Bank.
|Bank Plans 1926|
|Bank interior, about 1928|
In the mid 1960s Security First (later Security Pacific) relocated to the southwest corner of Marcheta and Lake. (It now houses the denominational headquarters of United Church of Christ.)
|Above: Photos on right show interior of bank in the Pankow building, about 1928. Photos on left show another banking institution, Altadena National Bank, located on northwest corner of Lake and Mariposa.|
|The 1970s' remodel hides the building's original Mediterranean details.|