We dug around in our archives and came up with some photos of two Altadena landmarks showing what they looked like when they were built, and what they look like now.
|2501 Maiden Ln., Altadena, CA 91001|
House Col. G. G. Green built as a
wedding gift for daughter Altadena Green.
1912 photo shows house under construction.
|Today the house serves as |
Sahag-Mesrob Armenian Christian School.
|The Arroyo Seco's Devil's Gate Dam,|
built in 1920 and the first flood control dam
in L. A. County, was a reservoir.
Note the devil's face in center of photo.
|Today the dam is a pedestrian bridge|
and debris flow basin, capturing run-off from the
San Gabriel Mountain watershed. Note
the face is now covered with concrete.